No platforming

Home Forums General No platforming

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    positiveparent
    Participant

What can my child do when he gets no-platformed in lessons? Twice now, a teacher has shut my son down, once when he wanted to talk about creation in a science lesson and once when he wanted to talk in a PSHE lesson about the fact that our sex is genetically determined, so we can choose an image, but we can’t change our birth identity. Surely everyone’s got a right to say what they think, haven’t they, as long as they aren’t being unkind or rude?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My daughter’s previous church of england school in an affluent part of london, refused to accept any part of creation and aggressively punished some children including mine, for voicing about creation, teachers got quite angry when the girls tried to humbly express their beliefs that they were created on purpose and not a random event. there were a group of black girls in the class who also tried to express they believed they too were created and did not evolve from monkeys! and again the speaker they had in, got angry and they were all disciplined! its a ridiculous theory anyway and yes i agree a potentially racist one.
    i don’t understand why so called christian schools are teaching these downright lies, i mean i know that most of the teachers who work for the government are atheists or whatever new age spiritual practice they chant, meditate or cunjur, but aren’t they supposed to be neutral or impartial?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am interested in the Creation issue. Also wondering how old your son is to get more of an idea of the context.
    As a teacher, say in a primary school, I would consider it important for your son to express his view and be respected for it on any topic. That’s how a primary classroom is supposed to work. Many schools do something called circle time encouraging respect for everyone’s contribution. If his comment showed a lack of respect for others or other people’s point of view, as teacher, I would gently encourage respect in my questioning and comments. But I wouldn’t want to do anything to put down that child. The teacher should have given your son chance to speak and also shown respect for his point of view even if he disagreed with it and went on to tell the class politely why he disagreed with it, personally.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.