Home ed

Home Forums General Home ed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems that increasing numbers of parents are considering home ed for their children. There are some pretty amazing resources out there on the internet these days, so curriculum isn’t a problem. Anyone have any experience of home ed? Do your children miss out socially? What do the lose out on, apart from learning to wait in line? What advantages outweigh the negatives?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there!

Were homeschooling now after considering it the safest choice for the children, and your right there is a huge array of choice out there to choose from. it’s exciting and couldn’t think possibly think of handing over my little uns for 8 hours a day to total strangers and hope for the best.

what method are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My children are grown up now but benefited massively from being home educated for a while as well as spending time in a small Christian School where parents were very actively involved. We used a number of different resources but the main core curriculum was Accelerated Christian Education. It describes itself as a Bible-based curriculum and it really is. The grounding in scripture my children received, the consistent Biblical worldview and daily drip-feeding of truth was really amazing and such a privilege for them. I use the analogy of water – the daily reading and reciting of scripture in the curriculum, it was like being washed in water every day, something clean and pure. My wife and I are so grateful for how our children were educated and long to see so many other families similarly blessed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.